Sunday, February 10, 2008

I Love to See the Temple

We have been talking about the temple a lot during family home evening and Porter loves watching the Mountain of the Lord (a movie about the building of the Salt Lake Temple). Everytime we past our church and the stake center on the same corner (you have to love utah) Porter would call them the temple. We decide to take him up to Salt Lake so he could see what the temple really looked like. He thought it was pretty neat and now I don't have to hear him call the chapels temples.


You have to love Children's Place. I saw this tie and thought it would be fun to get Porter. I bought it for him on a Wednesday and everyday he asked to wear it. I told him he could only wear it to church. Unfortunately we had an activity to go to on Thursday and Porter started throwing the biggest fit as I was trying to get them out the door. Finally I realized he was mad that we were going to church but he wasn't wearing his new tie. We had a little talk about wearing church clothes to church and wearing play clothes. I finally convienced him it was okay to go without his tie because we were in our play clothes. I got out the kids church clothes a few weeks after buying the tie hoping to get Porter to wear something besides a white or blue shirt but he wouldn't have it. He had to wear his tie. Needless to say I went back to Children's Place again and got him a green tie as well. The only problem is I think he looks kid of dorky with a tie.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I think he looks darling. He's a big boy trying to look like his daddy. I love when little boys wear ties.

Terra said...

I think the tie is cute too. Just wait till he wants too wear superman capes or fireman helmets to the store and then you don't think anything is dorky.

Shelley said...

He does not look dorky but SUPER cute!!