Sunday, July 13, 2008

Triathlon #3 - Coalville, UT



When the Salem triathlon was rained out I thought it would be a good idea to sign-up for an Olympic distance triathlon. I didn't realize how much more training I would need. I was not ready and really didn't want to do it. Eric finally convinced me that I would at least finish. I did. I didn't even have to walk but my run time went from 7 min miles to 10 which was frustrating. My swim was great (32 min. - that's my time in the pool). My overall time was 3:20. I figured I did okay since it was a qualifying race for the World Championships and most people had thousand dollar bikes. It made me feel pretty good when I was doing better than someone on a $10,000 bike. I think I like the sprint distances better and will stick with those for a while.

4 comments:

Brittany H. said...

Woo-hoo! Lookin' good--way to go! You are amazing.

Shelley said...

Yeah Kristina!!!! You are my hero. I'm so glad you did it and it was a success! You go girl!

danny said...

ok, now i know how you look so amazing after 2 kids!!! 3 triathalons!!! Girl you are crazy! and awesome! they must be addictive, b/c my sis -in-law does a ton of them too.

stacey said...

are you ever going to post again?? i need a gale fix!